• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Backpack for transport scope in the tripod (1 Viewer)

Kaskarria

Spain
Searching at internet I seen that there are some types of backpacks to carry the spotting scope mounted on the tripod (while its unfoulded).

One model allows that the tripod to be hung from the back of the case (Lowepro Scope Porter 200 AW).

Another type of model seems to be a suitcase that is attached to the tripod (Viking tripod carrier).

The first seems to be discontinued, and the second is only available on UK and in any case, i cant find any similar that ships to my country (Spain).

Do you know of any model that can carry the tripod unfolded with the spotting scope mounted?

Edit: i have been able to find in a store of my country a backpack called Scopac lite, anyone know about it?

Last edited:
"Scopac" was the first company to introduce the tripod carrier in the UK. This was followed by the Mulepack from Cleyspy and subsequently many other copies from various companies.
However, in my view, the Scopac Plus remains a very well produced product made in the UK and now offers a lightweight version together with a pouch type attachment for other items.
I have no association with any of these companies.

Last edited:
"Scopac" was the first company to introduce the tripod carrier in the UK. This was followed by the Mulepack from Cleyspy and subsequently many other copies from various companies.
However, in my view, the Scopac Plus remains a very well produced product made in the UK and now offers a lightweight version together with a pouch type attachment for other items.
I have no association with any of these companies.
do you have any experiences with this? its worth?

do you have any experiences with this? its worth?
Yes. I find it useful primarily as it frees up your hands when birding / walking. They have been in use for about 15 years in the UK. There are many threads and comments here on BF if you search tripod carriers / backpacks.

Last edited:
Searching at internet I seen that there are some types of backpacks to carry the spotting scope mounted on the tripod (while its unfoulded).

One model allows that the tripod to be hung from the back of the case (Lowepro Scope Porter 200 AW).

Another type of model seems to be a suitcase that is attached to the tripod (Viking tripod carrier).

The first seems to be discontinued, and the second is only available on UK and in any case, i cant find any similar that ships to my country (Spain).

Do you know of any model that can carry the tripod unfolded with the spotting scope mounted?

Edit: i have been able to find in a store of my country a backpack called Scopac lite, anyone know about it?

An alternative is to get a backpack that will hold the scope and other items and has straps on the outside for attaching a tripod. With this approach you can use a better and taller and sturdier tripod.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back