• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Bar Harbour, Maine (1 Viewer)

breffni

I'm planning a trip to Bar Harbour mid-June and was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel or guesthouse near whatever downtown they have there but also near best birding areas? (Sorry i guess this is a future vacational trip report...)

breffni

...further to...would also be very interested in any trip reports from this area...thanks in advance!

danehower

breffni, accomodations on MDI can be tricky as they tend to fill up pretty fast. What my family and I have done through out the years is to rent a cottage on Long Pond, however most of those are probably booked at this point - still worth checking IMO. There are several hotels in Bar Harbor. Southeast harbor is great too (smaller and a little more laid back). As far as birding the "wonderland" and "nature" trails near Seawall are pretty good. Really the whole island is great for birding. My wife is much more knowledgeable about this stuff as she is the family travel agent -when she gets home from work I will try to get her thoughts. In any case hope you have a fantastic trip!:t:

Last edited:

breffni

Thanks - appreciate it! I phoned a few places but $200 for a bed and a shower, no matter how "quaint" is a bit steep for me!

Users who are viewing this thread