• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bat ID (1 Viewer)

Julian Bell

Natural Born Birder
I'm not much good at bats. On a number of occasions I have seen various bat species offshore (North Sea and Baltic).
In late August / early September I had a few bats onboard a vessel I was working on in the Baltic.
Here is a picture of one of them that dropped down on deck right in front of me in the middle of the night.
Any idea of species?

Attachments

• Bat_8521_880.jpg
    Bat_8521_880.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 13
It looks like a Pipistrelle of some sort and to me the face is not black, which tends to suggest either Soprano or Nathusius's rather than Common. But lighting of bat photos is notoriously misleading....

There, that's my neck stuck well out. :LOL:

John

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back