• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beautiful Demoiselle ID (1 Viewer)

Baron Birder

I shot this photo yesterday on the Riverside walk near Sainsburys Sydenham. Looks like a Beautiful rather than Banded? Am I right?

Attachments

• beautiful dem bf.jpg
    beautiful dem bf.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 14
It may be that with the increase of observers previously little known populations of a number of species are being discovered, but also I suspect there is a genuine spread of some species.
I certainly didn’t know of any London locations for Beautiful Demoiselle until a few years ago.

It may be that with the increase of observers previously little known populations of a number of species are being discovered, but also I suspect there is a genuine spread of some species.
I certainly didn’t know of any London locations for Beautiful Demoiselle until a few years ago.
It's definitely spread in the London area- this is real rather than observers suddenly noticing it. I believe it's also now being found in East Anglia where it didn't previously occur.

It's definitely spread in the London area- this is real rather than observers suddenly noticing it. I believe it's also now being found in East Anglia where it didn't previously occur.
I went to Essex last week to see them.
I understand they are in North London too. I wonder if they will spread to more areas where Banded Demoiselles occur? (I say that, as they are the commonest Dragonfly in my garden) 😉

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back