• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beddington Farm Surrey Yearlist 2006 (1 Viewer)

September is turning out to be a big Beddington DIP for me!!:-

2 Pectoral Sandpipers (Both individuals found by Johnny Allan 2nd one early this morning on enclosed lagoon not viewable from path i'm afraid).

Tree Pipits passing through and Mistle Thrush whilst I was on 100 Acre looking for Treecreeper.

Nuthatches and Little Owls are showing almost daily in oak trees near golf course.

Spotted Flycatcher on 2nd railway bridge (N of Hackbridge BR) last week.

Things can only improve I hope!!!

Last edited:
kevinguest said:
September is turning out to be a big Beddington DIP for me!!:-

2 Pectoral Sandpipers (Both individuals found by Johnny Allan 2nd one early this morning on enclosed lagoon not viewable from path i'm afraid).

Tree Pipits passing through and Mistle Thrush whilst I was on 100 Acre looking for Treecreeper.

Nuthatches and Little Owls are showing almost daily in oak trees near golf course.

Spotted Flycatcher on 2nd railway bridge (N of Hackbridge BR) last week.

Things can only improve I hope!!!

I saw Johny this morning from a distance as I cant get in, shame, as a Pectoral Sandpiper would have been a lifer for me.
Still the Greenshank were down near golf course and I caught a glimpse of a Wood Sandpiper as well.

paulwfromtheden said:
I saw Johny this morning from a distance as I cant get in, shame, as a Pectoral Sandpiper would have been a lifer for me.
Still the Greenshank were down near golf course and I caught a glimpse of a Wood Sandpiper as well.

Also there is a Little Owl in Beddington Park itself, in the Chestnut near the lake.

paulwfromtheden said:

Paul

Time is very limited in the morning. It appears as soon as the trucks move towards the refuse tip, the waders on the Lagoon move on but to where I am not sure. The lake has no visible edges with all the rain. I searched the site today with Gary with no trace of the bird.

I hope to have another look tomorrow (work permitting).

Had 3 Greenshank, 3 Snipe, 2 Green Sand, 1 Nuthatch, 1 Little Owl on 100 Acre did not see Wood Sand but there are so many places for these birds to hide away.

Regards

Kevin

At last a Beddington tick on the railway bridge near Hackbridge BR this morning.

106 Goldcrest

Beddington life list 110

Still managed to dip a Med Gull & Mistle Thrush!!

kevinguest said:
Two seen yesterday morning along public footpath near 100 Acre.

109 Redwing (Turdus iliacus)

Beddington life list 112

Kevin, is Little Egret on your list? There was one there late Sunday afternoon.

paulwfromtheden said:
Kevin, is Little Egret on your list? There was one there late Sunday afternoon.

Paul

Yes Little Egret is on my list (046) up to four birds were recorded in the early part of the year. A single bird has been seen a couple of times in the last month.

I am keeping a monthly log so need it for my November list.

Thank you for letting me know.

Regards

Kevin

Six over the Main Lake today. At 1120hrs commotion amoungst the gulls and corvids on the refuse tip (Wonderful alarm system for raptures!) and then a White Backed Vulture comes into view over the tip the bird was mobbed by corvids. The bird then drifted away towards Croydon.

110 Fieldfare (Turdus pilaris)
(!!) White-backed Vulture (Gyps africanus)

Beddington Life list 113

A species I have seen in Beddington Park several times, but has eluded me on the farm until now!

112 Mistle Thrush (Turdus viscivorus)

Beddington Life list 115

One adult Main lake late afternoon then re located to refuse tip area.

113 Mediterranean Gull (Larus melanocephalus)

Beddington Life list 115

Attachments

• BF Meditteranean Gull 1.JPG
    BF Meditteranean Gull 1.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 110
kevinguest said:
One adult Main lake late afternoon then re located to refuse tip area.

113 Mediterranean Gull (Larus melanocephalus)

Beddington Life list 115

Have not seen the Med gull Kevin. Good numbers of Comon Gulls though.
Have seen good numbers of Snipe and a few Water Rails which is encouraging..

Good timing provided me with this Beddington tick. Ten minutes later and I would have missed the bird phew!

114 Glaucous Gull (Larus hyperboreus)

Beddington Life List 116

Attachments

• BF Glaucous Gull 3.JPG
    BF Glaucous Gull 3.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 71
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back