• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bee Hummingbird near Holguin? (1 Viewer)

shymollymawk

Hi

I'm staying at Playa Pesquero in April, in Holguin Province. Are there any sites within a few hours (day-trip) of here where I could see Bee Hummingbird, or any bird-guides in the east that could take me to a site?

cheers

George

Hi gwatola:

Ebird is a wonderful thing: there are four checklists with your hummingbird on them, in or near P.N. Alejandro Humbolt, that's not too far away. Most of concentration of sightings is, unfortunately, in the west near P.N. Cienaga de Zapata (although, who knows, maybe that's just because that's where most of the birders go).

Hi Peter

not quite as close as I would have hoped! The field guide shows some of its range in the east of the country, so maybe there are nearer sites. Appreciate the reply anyway.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back