• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Best camera bag for Canon 7D with zoom (1 Viewer)

TonyS

As a new owner of a Canon 7D with 100-400 zoom but a newcomer to bird photography, can the BF community advise on what works best for them in terms of carrying camera and bits about for the day. Advice about the best technique for keeping the camera attached to the person and what to do to protect the camera in the rain. Thanks in anticipation. Tony

TonyS,
I have used different hip bags in the course of the years: Lowe and later one from Jack Wolfskin. That last one was particularly suited to carry the 7D with a 200 or 300 mm telephotolens as wel as some small accessories. It served me well on mountain tours etc. etc.
Easy to carry and easy and fast accessible.
Gijs van Ginkel

In addition to my previous post: the Jack Wolfskin bag that was particulary suited for transport of a Canon EOS 7D or similar camera, with a 200-400 mm telephoto lens was the model Tenere L. I used it a lot with great pleasure.
Gijs van Ginkel

asp09, post 4,
In the desert or other areas where dust, sand or moisture can be a problem I als use a nylon bag to protect the camera optics, but in the case of more streneous walks, like in the mountains it is for me much easier, faster and more comfortable to use the hip bag I described in my previous posts. It also protects the camera and telephoto lens against bumps, scratching against rocks etc.
Gijs van Ginkel

Gijs van Ginkel,
Yes, I can see that a hip bag would be better for strenuous walks. My shoulder does start to ache a bit after using a Blackrapid for a few hours, and I have to steady the camera with my hand to stop it swinging about, which makes walking less efficient.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back