• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.
Had a busy day at the feeders the other day, female Brambling, Redpoll (male?) and the first Yellowhammers (I have seen) in the garden.
20240416 - Brambling female visiting the garden.jpg
20240416 - Redpoll snacking at the sunflower feeder.jpg
20240416 - Yellowhammer female in the garden.jpg
20240416 - Yellowhammer male in the garden.jpg
The field and hedges are full of Yellowhammers and Reed Buntings at the moment, I've not seen or heard any new arrivals yet, including Sedge Warbler, Whitethroat, Swallows or House Martins.

Meanwhile, just out of good camera reach .....
20240417 - Short-eared owl at full distance.jpg
The SEO continues to turn up when I'm not there, not ready, least expecting it..... etc.
20240417 - Short-eared owl - crop.jpg
Still, I get to see and watch it albeit at a distance.

Almost forgot, the 15th, this happened. I walked out to fill the feeders and this Common? Gull was walking away from me, looked like it had a slight limp and the remains of a small bird in its beak! It stayed around for about 30 minutes then ... gone! 20240415 - Common Gull in the garden.jpg
20240415 - Common Gull in the garden - head side.jpg
20240415 - Common Gull in the garden - full side.jpg
20240415 - Common Gull in the garden - head on.jpg

Had a busy day at the feeders the other day, female Brambling, Redpoll (male?) and the first Yellowhammers (I have seen) in the garden.
View attachment 1573832
View attachment 1573833
View attachment 1573835
View attachment 1573836
The field and hedges are full of Yellowhammers and Reed Buntings at the moment, I've not seen or heard any new arrivals yet, including Sedge Warbler, Whitethroat, Swallows or House Martins.

Meanwhile, just out of good camera reach .....
View attachment 1573837
The SEO continues to turn up when I'm not there, not ready, least expecting it..... etc.
View attachment 1573838
Still, I get to see and watch it albeit at a distance.
Bit late of me but that Brambling is a male with that amount of black wearing into view on the head. Nice.

John

Yes, it's lovely to see Yellowhammers making a comeback. I've got one Up the Hill on my patch and also at the Mause Feeders. Been about 5 years since I've seen so many.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back