• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (1 Viewer)

pduxon said:
Well some serious Twitching going on at Birdfair yesterday. With alleged cases of Stringing and supression!!

Up to 44 myself but Helen must have broke 50 and digi-birder was well over 60.

Were they wearing BF badges, or did you have to consult your reference books?

pduxon said:
Up to 44 myself but Helen must have broke 50 and digi-birder was well over 60.

Pete,

Diane didn't look a day over 30!...hahaha.

Well, I've done an add up...
Reckon there are now 20 BFers I have met/heard...
Maybe I'll have to ditch the welly-shorts combo
to attract some more!! ;)
But then...DIM Wallace was dressed similarily,
so I was in very good company!....
It's not what you wear...it's how you wear it..haha

Dave.

Elizabeth Bigg said:
Were they wearing BF badges, or did you have to consult your reference books?

Well caps & badges were handy field pointers. Diane tried to string an old style cap. I'm not certain why Helen thought it was amusing when I used the bins to call a mis id ;)

Adey - I did remember, ok with some prompting. I met ssssoooo many people.

Last edited:
deboo said:
Diane didn't look a day over 30!...hahaha.

Dave, you're a lovely person!!

deboo said:
Maybe I'll have to ditch the welly-shorts combo
to attract some more!! ;)

That would be a good idea!

Well, my sightings for the weekend:
helenol
Pluvanut
LeeDavis
Malgos
Tim Allwood
scott m
Desertbirder
David Chandler
Reader
John Marshall
IanD
cep.2003
bmslavin
Andrew S
Deboo
Gajo
Faith
Bob Redhead
Ian Peters
davebroadley
GAZ
Mak
DSpeight
Alastair Rae
GeoffWood
Andrew Diment
Adey Baker
crackadee
Ken Knowles

Now added to my list in post #3, along with RoyH, who I met today, bringing my grand total to 74!

'Tis true I tried stringing again (it's becoming a habit), but it was rather distant, and it was definitely like the old cap colours. My excuse anyway!

Last edited:
Ok, here goes:

Digibirder
Ollie
Andy B
Steve
Pluvanut
Bob Hastie
Geoff Brown
Fatboyfat
Ian Peters
Malgos
Lee Davies
Tim Allwood
Ivan
Scott M
Reader
cep.2003
AndrewS
Gajo
Faith
John Marshall
Adey Baker
Gaz
Alistair Rae
David Chandler
Ian D
Damselfly
Sandpiper
Pol
SueRob
Golfnut
Quacker
Benjismum
Bird Brain
Davebroadley
AndyC
PDuxon
Stonechat2
Mak
Desertbirder
Nigel Blake
Paul Hackett

There was another member, I got his real name but forgot to ask for his username!

Brings the grand total to 55

Last edited:
Helen, did you go back in on Sunday? You appear to have some new names on that list that weren't there on Saturday.

I can't have this. You'll be catching me up soon!! I'll have to challenge some of your sightings. There has to be a committee meeting to discuss. ;)

digi-birder said:
Helen, did you go back in on Sunday? You appear to have some new names on that list that weren't there on Saturday.

I can't have this. You'll be catching me up soon!! I'll have to challenge some of your sightings. There has to be a committee meeting to discuss. ;)
LOL ! Yes, was there Sunday but left before it finished.

I think that's me done now until next years birdfair (if I go). Possibility of the odd sighting maybe in the Chilterns, but that's about it.

Now here's a thought - if you meet a new BFer at a purely social event, with no connections to birds at all, are you still allowed to tick him or her? :h?: Maybe this should count as a captive member, therefore not tickable.

Added to my list, now stands at 42. The list is somewhere on the 1st or 2nd page of the thread. Unfortunatley I miscounted originally and put down 44, but after a recount I removed myself from the list plus the one miscount.

Sigh. My list, like my height and the level in the Whiskey bottle, is going down!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back