• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

BF 200 Club (1 Viewer)

If you were ever a Mid Cheshire person in the early/mid late 70's...Shotwick Sharp-tailed Sand; Meols Desert Warb; Sandbach Little Bunting...etc...then...Wotcha! And then you can add Lundy, V. also...sure he won't mind...do recall crossing the Dee to view the old Iceland Gull of many years Wirral fame...

McMadd; said:
If you were ever a Mid Cheshire person in the early/mid late 70's...Shotwick Sharp-tailed Sand; Meols Desert Warb; Sandbach Little Bunting...etc...then...Wotcha! And then you can add Lundy, V. also...sure he won't mind...do recall crossing the Dee to view the old Iceland Gull of many years Wirral fame...

Well I saw all of those, but a bit like Warblers in Manchester, if you can't ID them in the field, pre-emptive listing doesn't count, at least in my book

1CJW, 2 SRWilliams, 3 Martin Garner, 4 Paj, 5 Lee Evans, 6 Steve Round, 7 Phil W, 8. John o'Sullivan, 9.Phil Ternouth, 10. Mike Pennington,11 Stephen Dunstan, 12 Dee Estuary, 13. Fred Fearn, 14. Tim Allwood, 15. Ilya Maclean 16. Andy Stoddart, 17. Richard Abr 18. DavePriceRoberts 19. Menzie 20. Craig Thomas 21. Johnny Mac, 22. Paul Hackett,

23 Ian Mckerchar, 24. Adrian Dancy, in Chinatown, 2

1CJW, 2 SRWilliams, 3 Martin Garner, 4 Paj, 5 Lee Evans, 6 Steve Round, 7 Phil W, 8. John o'Sullivan, 9.Phil Ternouth, 10. Mike Pennington,11 Stephen Dunstan, 12 Dee Estuary, 13. Fred Fearn, 14. Tim Allwood, 15. Ilya Maclean 16. Andy Stoddart, 17. Richard Abr 18. DavePriceRoberts 19. Menzie 20. Craig Thomas 21. Johnny Mac, 22. Paul Hackett, 23 Ian Mckerchar, 24. Adrian Dancy,

25. Julian H (armchair tick) 26. Rob Smallwood (in an armchair today) At this rate I'll make it to 30 by the end of the year.

Slim (though quality) pickings at the Bird Fair today:

41. Gordon Hamlett
42. Kevin W

Where they in full/ displaying Birdforum plumage?

...or did you use some other form of identification method?, am curious as I
could have walked past a few skulky individuals myself but never known.

*sighs, so much about birding is about insider knowledge*

Matt

Where they in full/ displaying Birdforum plumage?

...or did you use some other form of identification method?, am curious as I
could have walked past a few skulky individuals myself but never known.

*sighs, so much about birding is about insider knowledge*

Matt

Yup, I'm afraid insider knowledge is useful. The first one was talking to the people I was with and they knew who he was, the second was introduced to me by someone I know. I'm still in favour of the flourescent BF lettering as an ID feature for members just as long as I don't have to wear it myself. ;)

Last edited:
I'll have to wear that cap Dave sent me to allow the BF200 people in the Lee/Stort Valley a chance to ID another one... I think I stand at two BF members (both Dutch irregulars).

Have been reading this thread with fascination and have decided to put my list in - Can't compete with some of you big-listers and still missing lots of easy ones but hey, who's rushing?

LIST AS OF 29/08/07

Andy Bright
Paul Hackett
John Cantelo
Graham Catley
mw_aurora
Richard Bedford
Steve Gantlett
Lee Evans
Steve Young
Nigel Blake
Harry Hussey – unexpectedly ticked in NE Poland in May
Killian Mullarney
Chris Galvin
Dawn Balmer
Farnboro John
Fred Fearn
Martin Garner
Richard Bonser
David Cromack
Gordon Hamlett
Hugh Harrop
Andy Stoddart
Sue Bryan
David Bradnum
Matt Slaymaker
Johnny Mac
Marcus Lawson
Andrew Lawson
Craig Thomas

To my knowledge have yet to tick Postcardcv, Steve Round, Josh Jones, Kev Durose and Will Bowell, but will hopefully get them this autumn!!

Now this has started please say hello if you see me in the field and I can add you to my list. Apologies to anyone unintentionally missed off.

Stuart

To my knowledge have yet to tick Postcardcv, Steve Round, Josh Jones, Kev Durose and Will Bowell, but will hopefully get them this autumn!!

Now this has started please say hello if you see me in the field and I can add you to my list. Apologies to anyone unintentionally missed off.

Stuart

You can tick me off as well if you like Stuart. I'm sure i remember you from when i was a wee volunteer on the Ouse Washes? Or does the tick not count if you can't ID me from notes taken at the time...;)

Paul

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back