• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bhutan Birding - April 10 (1 Viewer)

more info

Would be great, but a very pricey destination. Do you have any details of likely costs?

For ten days its about $2100, which includes transportation, guide, lodging, and food. I'm thinking of upping it to 12 days, possibly, which up the price about another $440. Your transportation to and from Bhutan would be on top of that. The trip is flying into Paro, then leaving Bhutan out of the east side by land, with a drop off in Guwahati, India.

That sounds fabulous, birding in Bhutan would be a dream come true! I'm afraid I can't join you, but please do us all a big favor and submit a trip report so the rest of us can bird vicariously through you. The closest I have ever gotten to Bhutan was eating some very expensive, but deliciously different, Bhutanese rice grown at like 15K ft. in ancient glacier water. Have a great trip!

Have a great trip. I went in 2008 and spent 16 days in the country and it wasn't too long. Any extra days you can get will definitely be worth it.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back