• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Bhutan (1 Viewer)

brd

Just curious that I haven't seen anything about Bhutan, considering what appears to be a pretty good lot of birds there. Additionally I see that there are some companies that do tours there. I'm considering a move there, does anybody have any feelings about it? Is the lack of posts here related to the difficulty of entering the country?

gandytron

I made a visit to Bhutan last year in October see http://bangkokcitybirding.blogspot.com/2012/10/bhutan.html

Bhutan has loads to offer birders, and is a stunning country as it still has so much forest. I am sure it would be a very interesting place to live if the opportunity arose - the country faces many social and economic challenges, and influence from its mighty neighbours.

Best wishes,

Dave

Hanno

Ho Ho Ho
I went a few years ago, there is a trip report on my website.

Not sure about living there, I should imagine that winters are on the grim side....

DMW

Visiting Bhutan as a tourist is very easy...so long as you are prepared to pay the $200 per day minimum payment set by the government. You are required to organise your visit through an official tour operator, and they make all the arrangements on your behalf. I went there a few years ago and loved the country: it is absolutely unique and if I had the opportunity to live there, would jump at the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread