• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Biggest crowd for a U.K bird. (1 Viewer)

My memory, part from the bird of course, was, when there was a run, looking behind me and it resembled a marathon. I'm not sure what the consequences of falling over would have been. I know I was keen to avoid it.
Definitely worth a read with some pics of the crowd in the attached. I have thanked Paul in person since for the find but I suspect many many have done so & he will not remember that occasion as much as the bird. I have it in my mind that the Daily Telegraph story was the front page on the Friday morning looking down at the crowd - a couple of hundred - in the rear of the Tescos car park but I only trust my memory about 50% on that.

Edit - if I am right, it would have been the front page of Friday 10th February 1989.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• V85_N11_P595_600_A161.pdf
    400.7 KB · Views: 61
I haven't done many 'mega' twitches but how people were at the Green Heron somewhere near Hull in about 1980?

I remember saying to Dad go park by those trees only to find out they were birdwatchers as we got closer - day was just breaking...

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back