• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Binocular bargains (3 Viewers)

CharleyBird

There's a rather nice looking 10x42 FL on Evilbay with a bit over 5 hours left on the auction, currently at £525, which would be a super-bargain price.
Guessing it will increase though

eitanaltman

Thanks very much for the heads up on the Kowa @BinoBoy!

Yes thank you!! I've been circling the drain trying to decide when to pull the trigger on a scope upgrade, almost bought the 773 a few times but kept thinking I'd regret not going for the 883. Getting the 883 for the 773 price point was a no brainer!

muxo

I just received the refurbished: Prostaff 7s, Monarch 7, Monarch HG all in 8x30.
I have had a very hard time loving the Monarch 7, something about it's focusing and diapoter adjustments make it very difficult to use. The Prostaff 7s despite the narrower field of view is better than the Monarch 7 and a heck of a lot cheaper. I also found the 7s sharper all around (this is likely due to its smaller FOV making it easier to achieve this goal).

The Monarch HG on the other hand is a beast. Easy to focus and beautiful optics. Clear, bright, and delightful. I had a hard time swallowing the price (even at it's refurb cost), but I think it's probably worth it as I don't think I would ever 'upgrade'. It's either that or just keep the 7s and get the HG eventually.

I am also contemplating keeping the 7s in addition to the HG, as a general, beater binocular. The Monarch HG is really fantastic and much better than the Monarch 7, definitely worth it if you can afford it (IMO skip the Monarch 7)

Last edited:

Upland

CampSaver is running a 20% off promo. They show the Victory SF 10x32 as in stock, 8x32 as backorder. I put the 10x32s in my cart and tried the discount code and it took $460 off for a final price of $1,840. I’m guessing they drop ship and the 8x32s are on backorder. I know people here have badmouthed CampSaver before but I’ve ordered for years without problems. Would be worth a shot if you’re interested in the 10x32s. If someone tries it plz let us know your experience. Unfortunately out of my budget now.

https://www.campsaver.com/zeiss-victory-sf-10x32-binoculars.html

dwatsonbirder

Not a binocular, but a mint looking (boxed!) Opticron ES80 ED scope with 30x and stay on case for £150 BIN on e*ay - a steal for somebody, I'd buy it for work, but alas, I've just purchased another guitar...

Josh Exmoor

Cabelas Black Friday ad shows they'll have the Vortex Viper 10x42 for $299 this week. Looks like in store and online from what I can see. Also the Swarovski EL 10x42 for $2169 (not sure how good of a deal that is) and some Leupold model I've never heard of for $150 (on the last page of the ads).

Users who are viewing this thread

• Ries