• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Binocular bargains (6 Viewers)

Josh Exmoor

Styrka S7 blowout sale for $279.99 at OpticsPlanet. Even if it’s just a rebadged Viper HD that’s still a crazy good deal.

View attachment 1356455

Just a heads up to anyone who might have bought these that Stryka is out of business. I made a post about it in the binoculars forum, but posting here because people in this thread may have jumped on this deal assuming they'd be able to get warranty service down the line. I almost did, but thought this possibility was likely at some point. Turned out it had already happened.

eitanaltman

Ha! Well I guess that's another notch in the belt of failed optics startups trying to rebrand Chinese OEM products. Too bad, it's a rough business.

I may still opt to keep them, maybe, but it depends how good the optics are.

[email protected]

Supporter
That’s also a really good deal although it appears to be the prior generation version. Smaller FOV than the 2nd gen although some claim the 1st gen was slightly better optically.

Styrka claims to have a comparable warranty and they even let you send in your optic once/year for cleaning (Vortex of course has been around a lot longer and are almost certainly more likely to still be around in 10 years): https://styrkastrong.com/styrka-warranty/

I ordered a pair of the Styrka to try out, seems they got very positive reviews here on BF from Steve C and Chuck (among others) and that’s when they were at full price ($600ish).
"I ordered a pair of the Styrka to try out, seems they got very positive reviews here on BF from Steve C and Chuck (among others) and that’s when they were at full price ($600ish)."

You might want to return them. Quick. I almost ordered a pair myself, but I am glad I didn't.

Last edited:

dries1

Here is a 10X32 KF from Fuji camera (for someone looking for a light 10X32), the 8X32 KF is the same iteration as the Sightron Blue Sky 8X32 and perform quite well. I am not sure how the 10X32 will perform, however it is priced quite low from a reputable seller.

Andy W.

dries1

Looks like a good deal for someone in the UK. Just looking at the right ocular in the photo - that thin linear feature, what could that be?
They did not say they do not ship to the US, however with shipment issues these days, it could take a while.

Andy W.

bkdc

I just wanted to give a heads up that 6ave.com stocks overseas import Leica and occasionally Swarovski binos. The Leica selection is far better than the Swaros but due to warranty issues, I’d stick to the Swaros which are available at a slight discount but NO SALES TAX. It’s a reliable seller and I’ve purchased high end grey market camera lenses from them in the past.

mbb

The Swarovski ATX65 is no binoculars, but as there doesn’t seem to be a « scope bargains » thread I thought I would post it here: there seems to be one for sale on that big online auction site, in Spain (it is not mine), for €1700, which sounds like a tremendous deal. (I already have one, otherwise... :) )

eitanaltman

I just wanted to give a heads up that 6ave.com stocks overseas import Leica and occasionally Swarovski binos. The Leica selection is far better than the Swaros but due to warranty issues, I’d stick to the Swaros which are available at a slight discount but NO SALES TAX. It’s a reliable seller and I’ve purchased high end grey market camera lenses from them in the past.
I'd be cautious of warranty on Swaro imports as well. I (unknowingly) bought an imported Swaro off eBay and SONA refused to even look at it let alone service it since the serial number registered as EU/UK product.

So whether Leica or Swaro there's a really good chance you'd have to send the binocular to Europe for service (if it comes to that).

bkdc

Wow good to know. I figured Swarovski of N.A. customer service wouldn’t care whether it was an import or not. I’ll stick to buying Canon lenses since the warranty is only 1 year and I care much less about the warranty which will likely expire far before I have issues.

bkdc

Same for the 10x42 Meostar at CameralandNY. And no sales tax at CL if you’re out of state. As for the 8x32, I believe it the best alpha quality small bino bargain out there as long as you’re okay with the small eye cup. Ergonomics on the 8x32 are fantastic (save the eye cup), but you can’t say the same about the very chunky 8x42 or 10x42.

B&H Photo Video has some “call for promotion” deals where you have to call in to get their best price (apparently unable to advertise). Among these, I think the one of interest was the Zeiss Conquest 8x32 which seems to be roughly 780’ish plus tax.

Last edited:

sidpost

United States
I inquired. They do not ship to the USA.

I tried to buy the Zeiss Victory HT's in London myself. They will not ship to the USA or to Germany either! I wish I had a friend in the UK but, then I'd wonder about VAT on top of the asking price.

If someone sees some Zeiss Victory HT 10x54's in the USA or from a reputable EU seller for a good price, I'd appreciate a message about them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread