• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Binocular bargains (3 Viewers)

[email protected]

Supporter
I tried to buy the Zeiss Victory HT's in London myself. They will not ship to the USA or to Germany either! I wish I had a friend in the UK but, then I'd wonder about VAT on top of the asking price.

If someone sees some Zeiss Victory HT 10x54's in the USA or from a reputable EU seller for a good price, I'd appreciate a message about them.
Here is a used pair of Zeiss HT 10x54's in the USA at B&H for$1768.95 and a new pair from a good seller in the UK for $1789.85 or Best Offer. I would offer them $1600. They are a good seller because I have bought from them before.

Last edited:

BinoBoy

B&H Photo has the Kowa TSN-884 for $1699 without an eyepiece. The TSN-883 is not on sale.

[email protected]

Supporter
Zeiss Victory FL 8x32 in excellent condition on Astromart for $1088.00. They look nice and these are getting harder to find especially at this price!

CharleyBird

A bargain, perhaps, but do you believe it was 'never used' before the seller lost about £600? Bit of an expensive mistake, losing the price of an 8x25 Zeiss victory?

Details about Swarovski 8x42 NL Pure Binocular
Condition:
Opened – never used
Ended:
06 Jan, 2021
Price:
US $2,495.99
Approximately £1,841.92

sidpost

United States
I'm not sure I understand your real point. When I buy a pair of binoculars, I really don't care if someone has looked through them before.

It's not like we are sacrificing a virgin at the volcano!

In terms of price, I'm seeing more 8x42 NL Pure's for sale secondhand in similar condition for $2400~$2500 so, the price appears to be 'spot on' for the current marketplace. If like me with mailorder only buys of most bins, my time with the 8x42 NL Pure's I tried was not up to the hype/expectation.

[email protected]

Supporter
A bargain, perhaps, but do you believe it was 'never used' before the seller lost about £600? Bit of an expensive mistake, losing the price of an 8x25 Zeiss victory?

Details about Swarovski 8x42 NL Pure Binocular
Condition:
Opened – never used
Ended:
06 Jan, 2021
Price:
US $2,495.99
Approximately £1,841.92
I bought my Swarovski NL 8x42 on discount for $2700, so I only lost about $200. Actually pretty good resale because they were a Swarovski. They sold in 3 days.

sidpost

United States
FWIW, at a well respected online dealer not local to me, I was quoted a touch less than $2300 for Zeiss Victory HT 10x54's.

MAAP pricing restricts advertising discounts in many cases but, to be honest if I am shopping online without dealer support, I don't feel paying full price as I would at a retail shop to be fair on either end.

I have been a custom knife dealer and an FFL in the past, so I have been on both sides of the counter. When I have a lot of time invested in a customer, paying full retail makes sense IMHO. When I'm called for a product, my 'investment' in the customer is much less so, I'm more receptive to giving them a deal. Loyal buyers also get better terms when they come back frequently for additional purchases.

dries1

If someone is looking for a very good 10X32 a bit on the heavy-side, this one is a very good deal.

Andy W.

Jessie-66

Germany
If someone from Europe or Russia is looking for a inexpensive binocular with ~90% sharp field of view and less CA than a Nikon Monarch HG, here is a preowned Hawke Frontier APO 10x42. Offer in German and below in English.
I have written 2 reports in the Hawke category of the forum. In some categories the Hawke APO is better than a Nikon MHG, mechanically not quite as good, but significantly cheaper. The binoculars offered on EBay cost only slightly more than the popular Hawke Frontier EDX 8/10x42 (60 to 66% sharp field of view).
Edit: 2nd link corrected.

Last edited:

BinoBoy

Midway USA has Sig Sauer Zulu 9 9x45 and 11x45 on clearance. These are assumed to be the same as the Maven B2's.

9x45 $711.33 and 11x45 $739.81

sidpost

United States
Sport Optics in the USA has some good deals on Steiner Porro's. 8x30's with sales tax shipped into Texas was ~$210 and 7X50's were ~$265.

Not sure why but, when I put them in my cart I had a big discount that I assume is driven by MAAP policies.

Users who are viewing this thread