• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Binocular bargains (2 Viewers)

[email protected].n

Supporter
New Leica Noctivid 10x42 for $1800 at Scheels in Johnston, CO. I was in the store, and they had these on clearance, but they are not listed on their website. These were the last pair and I checked them out and the focuser was silky smooth and the eye cups worked flawlessly. I almost bought them, but I have a nice Meopta Meopro Air 10x42 I just bought. You could call the store, and I am sure they would ship them to you. These retail for $2800!

Scheels (Johnston, Co) Phone: (970) 663-7800

gunut

Registered Offender
The whole gray market thing just frosts my buns.....why would an reputable alpha producing company allow this type of thing to happen and continue to happen....puts them all in the anything for a quick buck profiteer group.....how is your average person just wanting to buy a v-good bin to know these are gray market.. .....just venting.....

Maljunulo

The whole gray market thing just frosts my buns.....why would an reputable alpha producing company allow this type of thing to happen and continue to happen....puts them all in the anything for a quick buck profiteer group.....how is your average person just wanting to buy a v-good bin to know these are gray market.. .....just venting.....
The price is a strong clue.

"If it looks too good to be true ........... it probably is."

sidpost

United States
6AVE has been in business a very long time. I considered getting a camera from them a long time ago but, sending a camera in for service to Japan since it would not be serviceable in the USA was a "no-go" for me. YMMV

eitanaltman

I don't understand how a major retailer that's been around this long is allowed to sell gray market? This isn't some pop-up scam site or some small family business somewhere, they are a pretty large internet seller that's been in business for years.

They appear to have an extensive selection of Swarovski products, which makes me skeptical they are all gray market. Where are they getting all this inventory?

Upland

New Leica Noctivid 10x42 for $1800 at Scheels in Johnston, CO. I was in the store, and they had these on clearance, but they are not listed on their website. These were the last pair and I checked them out and the focuser was silky smooth and the eye cups worked flawlessly. I almost bought them, but I have a nice Meopta Meopro Air 10x42 I just bought. You could call the store, and I am sure they would ship them to you. These retail for $2800!

Scheels (Johnston, Co) Phone: (970) 663-7800
Called Scheels and they still have these and will ship them. Some chains won’t take credit card info over the phone. Gal said they are brand new and the only reason for the price is they have been in the case since they opened the store. Was kicking around trying to sell some toys to buy them but decided against. Hope someone here takes advantage.

Upland

Dvor.com has Zeiss VP 8x25s for $649 along with some other deals. The thing to remember with Dvor is all sales are final. Pretty good price on the VPs

mbb

There is a “Zeiss Dialyt 7x42 T * P *" for sale on Ebay in Germany for €780 ('buy it now' price), with mention that one may make an offer. This might interest someone here.
I don't know the seller, thus of course I don't know if (s)he can be trusted.
(It seems (s)he ships to the EU and that (s)he accepts PayPal.)

Last edited:

dries1

For anyone interested in the US. There is an 8.5X42 SV late model with the closer focus for sale on CN and Astromart. The seller is very reputable as I have purchased from him previously.

Andy W.

Users who are viewing this thread