• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular Info Please (UK) (1 Viewer)

Hi, I have perused the many threads and still none the wiser. Basically I am in need of a new pair, probably looking at 10 x 42 or 10 x 50. In theory I could possibly afford £1000 plus for Swarovski, but don't really want to pay that much, prefer to keep it well under the £500 if possible, especially as I will be buying UK mail order/Ebay as all the shops are shut so won't be able to try out in person. Happy to pay much less as a stop gap I suppose and buy again when I everything is open, also not averse to 2nd hand for a good deal. I suppose I am looking for the best value for money, rather than the best pair available. I have used a pair of Bushnell 10x42 for a long time now, and I am due an upgrade, partly because I dropped them on Sunday! Also I don't wear glasses, if that makes a difference.
Sorry to be so vague, all help welcomed, thanks in advance.

I had posted this in the wrong section, so reposted here (hopefully in the correct one). Thanks.

Have a look at proper optics shops such as

https://www.cleyspy.co.uk

focusopticsltd.co.uk

at-infocus.co.uk

All have "used" departments, all have good returns policies and all have examples of what you might be looking for at your price points. All are offering mail order at the moment and all could probably do with the custom. I have no affiliation with any of the above other than as a satisfied customer. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back