• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Binocular repairers in EU (by country) - A list of suggestions (1 Viewer)

yarrellii

Supporter
Well, as the title says, this is (hoping to be) a list made with the suggestions of forum members from EU countries.

This is not the first time that I have a cherished classic binocular in need of servicing. Before Brexit, sending them to the UK would have been an easy option, to something like East Coast Binocular Reparis, but now I'm afraid it will not only face the burden of import fees (in and out) but also the delays from the customs of both countries.

So, not having been particularly lucky with repair shops in Spain (any suggestion welcome), I'd be grateful if forum members could suggest trustworthy repairers in other EU countries. Maybe because of their large population, countries like Germany, France or Italy seem most likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were gems to be found in Benelux, Czechia, Poland, Romania etc. (or even Portugal, who knows, maybe some ex-Leica workers decided to start a business on their own!).

Maybe we can come up with a nice list of repairers by country that can help and be a reference for forum members in the future.
Thanks.

Binastro

There is an Italian man with a large private observatory who makes custom optics, camera adapters, mirrors etc.
He also repairs all optics.
I have seen many of his Youtube videos but can't find him at the moment.
The language is Italian.

He has a lot of manufacturing equipment, mechanical and optical.

I have seen occasional mistakes in his identification of old lenses etc., but generally the work seems good.

Regards,
B.

yarrellii

Supporter
Here is a list from Dean Optics mostly US but contains some global contact info. Scroll to bottom of link

https://deanoptics.com/binocular-repair-services-near-me/
Thanks this is great. This is exactly what I'd like to create, but with a stronger focus on EU independent workshops. But after a quick look, I've seen very interesting stuff.
There is an Italian man with a large private observatory who makes custom optics, camera adapters, mirrors etc.
He also repairs all optics.
I have seen many of his Youtube videos but can't find him at the moment.
The language is Italian.

He has a lot of manufacturing equipment, mechanical and optical.

I have seen occasional mistakes in his identification of old lenses etc., but generally the work seems good.

Regards,
B.
Yes, I know who you mean, I've also seen his videos. I'm sure it can be found doing a specific search for references here in BF. Thanks!

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Colombia

Users who are viewing this thread