• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binomania Kowa TSN-773 video review (1 Viewer)

Hi Piergiovanni I really enjoyed your review (and the beautiful Italian scenery), I`ve been using a 773 for some years now and still find it the perfect balance of performance and portability.

Cheers.
John.

Hi Piergiovanni I really enjoyed your review (and the beautiful Italian scenery), I`ve been using a 773 for some years now and still find it the perfect balance of performance and portability.

Cheers.
John.
Dear John, many thanks for your comment. Since I started using the USAF chart again I am also noticing that often in most of the summer hours, it is very difficult to use very large diameters and this 77mm seems to me a perfect performer. I hope that the subitles by downsub works quite well..:sneaky:

Hi Piergiovanni, thank you for your review.
When you mention good lunar observations at 100-130x magnification, which eyepieces did you use for that?

Great scope. I've just swapped from a Swarovski ATX 85 - wanted a lighter scope without the barrel focus - and although I have only had chance to use it half a dozen times but I love it.

Ciao Piergiovanni, grazie per la tua recensione.
Quando parli di buone osservazioni lunari con ingrandimento 100-130x, quali oculari hai usato per questo?
Hi, usually i observe with Takahashi HI-LE, Vixen HR or the old VIXEN LV . You can find some images and clip on my new review about the KOWA TSN-88A. Ciao!

Hi Piergiovanni, thank you for your review.
When you mention good lunar observations at 100-130x magnification, which eyepieces did you use for that?
There is an adapter that will allow the scope to accept 1.25 telescope eyepieces . I experimented with a celestron 5 mm and it works but requires a good tripod and good veiwing condition as the mirage can get real bad . I wasnt to impressed.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back