• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird girl (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who have raised politely the potential conflict between a large carbon footprint through world birding and the “conservation pioneer” brand name have been accused by those managing the “birdgirl” brand of being racist.

Ah, the default defence.

I'm not sure anyone has accused them of not being pleasant? You can be pleasant and hypocritical at the same time, one doesn't preclude the other.

I still haven't seen anyone defend her World, birding ambitions allied to her status as a teen, environmental campaigner, genuinely interested to know how people think it looks?

Andy. The "birdgirl" project is not just parents wanting the best for their child, which of course is perfectly reasonable. In the last ten years the "birdgirl' project has been a well constructed marketing and publicity exercise in which the "birdgirl" brand has been carefully managed with a future career in the media in mind. Managed media accounts, glossy photo's, targeted press, TV and magazine articles all being part of the strategy employed by the adults involved. This strategy has been remarkably successful. However there are potential consequences for any child having media attention being sought deliberately on such a regular and frequent basis. One only hopes that the child at the centre of this process is emotionally ready for the implications of "becoming famous" at such a young age.

I would imagine that despite the protestations of some on here, she's probably well insulated from any online unpleasantness?

This thread appears to have run it's course, we will be closing it. Maybe revisit the topic in a few years time.
Thanks BF Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back