• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

bird house location (1 Viewer)

esxi1979

United States
Hi

I am new in birds ...

I purchased this bird house & was wondering where to keep

Finally kept per pic

less Sun & little shade so little safe .. also little high too ...

How can make birds understand there is house they can use ?

They will use only for babies ? or can stay for night ?

Any feedback Please

i get so many House Finch .. wondering someone will like it

What month they come looking ? i am in California

Thanks

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-02-13 at 14.40.36.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-13 at 14.40.36.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 8

Lisa W

Staff member
Supporter
I’ve never done birdhouses. However, I know some that get used the first season and some not used for a year or two. Sometimes they are used for roosting (overnighting) in cold areas. Hopefully, someone will come along with better answers.

LucaPCP

Supporter
If I were you I would put it on the other wall, the one on the left, above, and with more a direct path for birds to fly to it. If you can find a place away from door and windows even better. I don't think a bird would want to slow down and hover to get to that box right in front of a window -- they would consider it likely an unsafe approach. This is just my opinion of course... but I would give them a place with a more direct flight path that does not involve passing close or in front of openings with activities such as doors, windows.

Deb Burhinus

Used to be well known! 😎
Europe
This birdhouse is so nice and cute aww. My father also did one last month and now there're living bluebirds.
Hi Sophie, welcome to Birforum πŸ™‚

That’s great news about the Bluebirds in the birdhouse your Father made. He must have made it very inviting for them 🐦

Janar

Hi

I am new in birds ...

I purchased this bird house & was wondering where to keep

Finally kept per pic

less Sun & little shade so little safe .. also little high too ...

How can make birds understand there is house they can use ?

They will use only for babies ? or can stay for night ?

Any feedback Please

i get so many House Finch .. wondering someone will like it

What month they come looking ? i am in California

Thanks
Don't worry the birds will find in your nest box. Here's a good article about house finches. Finch House - Bird House Plan

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread