• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID for Acapulco (1 Viewer)

DavidC

I may be wrong
But I have the first one as a social flycatcher, havnt got a clue on the hummers, not sure on the 3rd, is the 4th a great Kiskadee, and the 5th looks like a king bird.

Attachments

• new0001.JPG
    new0001.JPG
    353.3 KB · Views: 60
  • new0002.JPG
    new0002.JPG
    353.5 KB · Views: 60
  • new0003.JPG
    new0003.JPG
    448 KB · Views: 46
  • new0004.JPG
    new0004.JPG
    435.9 KB · Views: 69
  • new0005.JPG
    new0005.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 49
I agree on #1, but why do you guys think #4 is also a Social Flycatcher? It looks v. much like a Kiskadee, because a) it's got very rufous pp. edging, and b) it looks like it's about to go fishing!

I think #2 may be "Doubleday's" Hummingbird (given location, Guerro state) but I am not clear how recognized that split (from Broad-billed) is.

I see what you are saying Peter. The bird does look rather "short-faced" and lanky from that angle, though. It's a shame we aren't really getting any coloration on the crown.

Carlos

Here are different angles of the bird,not much yellow on the head except for a little dot. regards Dave

Attachments

• _MG_0929.JPG
    _MG_0929.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 29
  • _MG_0936.JPG
    _MG_0936.JPG
    600.8 KB · Views: 32
  • _MG_0937.JPG
    _MG_0937.JPG
    583.1 KB · Views: 21
The Great Kiskadee's do sometimes show the yellow crown!

Attachments

• Pitangus sulphuratus display 2.jpg
    Pitangus sulphuratus display 2.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 24
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back