• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Bird ID for multiple random birds (1 Viewer)

Hi everyone!

It's my first time posting here, but I thought it would be nice to join a forum and be more active in the birding community in general.

I am an amateur birdwatcher and photographer and I also love to paint birds. I often like to trawl sites that offer copyright free photos of birds that I can save and paint from later. The problem is, often these sites do not give any information on the exact species of the birds, which I would really like to know.

I've identified most of them myself, but I've posted a range of the photos where I couldn't work it out, if anyone can assist :)
As they are not my photos and are from multiple sources, I really can't offer any extra information on location, habitat, size, etc.

Thanks all,

Lara

Attachments

• PIX-0041.jpg
    PIX-0041.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 64
  • PIX-0058.jpg
    PIX-0058.jpg
    478.2 KB · Views: 42
  • PIX-0062.jpg
    PIX-0062.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 52
  • PIX-0063.jpg
    PIX-0063.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 52
  • PIX-0064.jpg
    PIX-0064.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 49

Kite

1. Grandala (male and female)
2. Brown Wood Owl
3. Agree with Dawsy
4. Great Barbet
5. Blue throated Barbet

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Opus Editor
Supporter
United States
Hi Lara! Just wanted to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

Please join in wherever you like.

Not my photos, sadly! Just photos I have collected from other sources that I can use in paintings. I do take some bird photos though, so perhaps I will post those in future.

Users who are viewing this thread