• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Bird ID Help - Toronto, Ontario (1 Viewer)

bicchawla

Canada
Need help identifying these from the Greater Toronto Area - possibly Philadelphia Vireo and Alder Flycatcher? Any help is appreciated (sorry for image quality). Thanks!

IMG_5733 (1).jpg

IMG_5841.jpg

Microtus

Maryland USA (he/him)
Supporter
United States
Welcome to the Forum, bicchawla! Your first bird is a female American Redstart. Your second bird is some sort of Empidonax flycatcher.

qwerty5

United States
I think the Empid is likely either Willow or Alder, but you can't tell between the two without hearing vocalizations

bicchawla

Canada
Hi, one more I'm not too sure about. We spotted these at a wildlife reserve just outside Toronto in a small dried up inlet right next to a marsh. I was thinking Gadwalls maybe as they have been spotted here very recently. Image quality isn't great as this was the closest we could get to take pictures.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_6326 (1).jpg
    IMG_6326 (1).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_6334 (1).jpg
    IMG_6334 (1).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 26
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread