Bird id in New Hampshire (1 Viewer)

vijay0828

Spotted this atop Mount Liberty in NH. Thought it might be a Nuthatch of some kind, but beak looked wrong colour. Could you id please? many thanks

Attachments

• Closeup.jpg
    Closeup.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 161

vijay0828

Thanks - much appreciated. A couple more here please:

Attachments

• IMG_5089.jpg
    IMG_5089.jpg
    987.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_5086.jpg
    IMG_5086.jpg
    834 KB · Views: 60

vijay0828

Some more that we saw up at Lake Umbagog in Errol, NH.

I thought the first might be a buzzard of some type?
Are the 3rd and 4th Cormorants?

Attachments

• Umbagog1.jpg
    Umbagog1.jpg
    343.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Umbagog2.jpg
    Umbagog2.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 30
  • Umbagog3.jpg
    Umbagog3.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 30
  • Umbagog4.jpg
    Umbagog4.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Umbagog5b.jpg
    Umbagog5b.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 31

vijay0828

Some more from the same area. Sorry, some are a bit blurry as they were from a video shot:
Second looks like a Grey Heron?
Fourth might just be a Robin, but didn't get a very clear look?

Attachments

• Umbagog6b.jpg
    Umbagog6b.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Umbagog7.jpg
    Umbagog7.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Umbagog8.jpg
    Umbagog8.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Umbagog9.jpg
    Umbagog9.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Umbagog10.jpg
    Umbagog10.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 25

Birdbrain22

Post 9 shows a 3rd year Bald Eagle, a Belted Kingfisher, some Canada Geese, some Wood Ducks and a Cedar Waxwing.

Post 10 shows a Cedar Waxwing, a Great Blue Heron, a Cedar Waxwing, an American Robin, and a White-breasted Nuthatch.

The Bird Nuts

Birding Duo
Please create a new thread for each new question. Asking about five birds in one post is fine, but adding more and more to the thread creates confusion.

Microtus

Maryland USA (he/his)
United States
Post 9 shows a 3rd year Bald Eagle, a Belted Kingfisher, some Canada Geese, some Wood Ducks and a Cedar Waxwing.

Post 10 shows a Cedar Waxwing, a Great Blue Heron, a Cedar Waxwing, an American Robin, and a White-breasted Nuthatch.

I agree on all.

vijay0828

Please create a new thread for each new question. Asking about five birds in one post is fine, but adding more and more to the thread creates confusion.

I added to the thread because they were all observed in the same state (i.e. similar location) on the same trip. I thought it would help not to clutter the forum with too many threads. But if you prefer, I can start new threads as you suggest.

KC Foggin

Super Moderator
Staff member
United States
I added to the thread because they were all observed in the same state (i.e. similar location) on the same trip. I thought it would help not to clutter the forum with too many threads. But if you prefer, I can start new threads as you suggest.

No worries about cluttering the Forum and it would be much easier if you just started a new thread and still put location and time of year on each thread ;)

Lisa W

Staff member
You have your Ids, I just wanted to add the Canada Jay on the rocks is an excellent photo.

Users who are viewing this thread