• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird ID Johannesburg South Africa 6/2018 (1 Viewer)

Stephen Powell

I would appreciate some help identifying these birds Johannesburg South Africa. Thanks in anticipation!

Attachments

• _63A5017.jpg
    _63A5017.jpg
    529.2 KB · Views: 85
  • _63A5025.jpg
    _63A5025.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 67
  • _63A5032.jpg
    _63A5032.jpg
    486.9 KB · Views: 59
  • _63A5030.jpg
    _63A5030.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 62
  • _63A5069.jpg
    _63A5069.jpg
    563.9 KB · Views: 71
1. Not sure
2. Karoo Thrush Turdus smithi
3. Cape Robin-Chat Cossypha caffra
4. Cape Robin-Chat Cossypha caffra
5. Red-headed Finch Amadina erythrocephala

I didn't see Cape Weaver since too long, may be. By the way, do you think this individual is properly identified ?

I also disagree with ID. It has red eyes and too much black in the face. I would suggest adult male non-breeding Southern Masked, or Village. Tending towards Southern Masked, though due mantle pattern. It is still in transition, hence the black, I think. I think Otto Addo is just in range. Quite a lovely game park too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back