• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Bird ID - taken on South Downs Way near Storrington, Sussex UK. Sunday 18th June (1 Viewer)

Jamkat

Rob R
Hi,

Apologies that this is a very poor image. I did not have my camera so my friend took one with his snappy and my phone took this one. He thinks it is a Corn Bunting but is not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_154533494.jpg
    IMG_20210718_154533494.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 65

Alexander Stöhr

Hello Rob,
I need the original picture to be sure, but first jizz look after reading your comment was it is indeed a Corn Bunting. Reason:
  • I am biased, as the observer who saw the bird and the original picture has identified it as a Corn Bunting
  • I think I can make out the right colours, and shape (=I cant see much wrong for a Corn Bunting)
  • The bird sits exposed on a branch, like a Corn Bunting does (yes other specied do this, too)
Is it possible to see the original picture?

theexpert

Romania
I'm 99% sure it's a corn bunting, as the stripes on it's body, beak, body shape etc match a corn bunting. If you could send the original file that would be helpful to be 100% sure, but otherwise it's still pretty clear that it's a corn bunting.

Butty

Would it be possible to see the photo? - rather than a photo of the photo with a lot of haziness and reduced contrast and reflections and scratches in the way? Thanks.

Jamkat

Rob R
I'm 99% sure it's a corn bunting, as the stripes on it's body, beak, body shape etc match a corn bunting. If you could send the original file that would be helpful to be 100% sure, but otherwise it's still pretty clear that it's a corn bunting.
Hi, Thanks, I will try to get a copy of the original and post it. Cheers

Jamkat

Rob R
Hello Rob,
I need the original picture to be sure, but first jizz look after reading your comment was it is indeed a Corn Bunting. Reason:
  • I am biased, as the observer who saw the bird and the original picture has identified it as a Corn Bunting
  • I think I can make out the right colours, and shape (=I cant see much wrong for a Corn Bunting)
  • The bird sits exposed on a branch, like a Corn Bunting does (yes other specied do this, too)
Is it possible to see the original picture?
Hi Alexander,

I am working on getting a copy of the original. Cheers

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Users who are viewing this thread