• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird identification: South Australia. (1 Viewer)

Aki Lyre

Australia
Seen on the 10/05/21 in Onkaparinga hills, South Australia.

Any help with this little brown job would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Attachments

• _MG_4786.jpg
    _MG_4786.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 30
  • _MG_4787.jpg
    _MG_4787.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 31
Hi Aki and a warm welcome from me too.

I only saw a couple of female Golden Whistlers, but agree with Andrew that this looks very like one.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news and seeing more of your pictures, hopefully, in the Gallery.

Pizzey and Knight doesn't say one way or the other - the implication being that the whole species shows it. If your book shows this race with it, and all other race(s) without it, then we might follow your interpretation; but otherwise I wouldn't.

Pizzey and Knight doesn't say one way or the other - the implication being that the whole species shows it. If your book shows this race with it, and all other race(s) without it, then we might follow your interpretation; but otherwise I wouldn't.
I'm currently looking at Menkhorst which notes the feature on the illustration for this race, suggesting to me that it's unique but pectoralis range is given as 'e Qld'.

It is the only immature illustrated though so maybe it is a shared feature?

Based upon location (Onkaparinga is immediately sth of Adelaide) it will be a Western Whistler if you follow IOC else fuliginosa race of Australian Golden Whistler

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back