• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia

Bird identification - taken in Leicester UK last week (1 Viewer)

Hajay87

Hi all, I’m new here so Hello everyone.

Since lockdown happened it has made me spend quite a lot of time doing nothing, so because of this I started watching the birds in the garden. I came across a pair that I watched for hours over quite a few days and I’ve tried to find out what breed they are but I’m unsure.

These little fellas were so funny to watch. One would take all sorts of material from my garden while one was perched on the fence as if they were a ‘look out’

Can anyone tell me what they are. I haven’t seen them for a few days but hoping to see them again soon.

Thanks all

Attachments

• 07A61230-A11E-4B95-9487-59AE207CB1ED.jpg
    07A61230-A11E-4B95-9487-59AE207CB1ED.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 81

Rotherbirder

It's a juvenile Dunnock Prunella modularis. The generally unkempt, tailless appearance with prominent gape flanges signifies it as being recently fledged. The adults should still be in attendance.

RB

Hajay87

It's a juvenile Dunnock Prunella modularis. The generally unkempt, tailless appearance with prominent gape flanges signifies it as being recently fledged. The adults should still be in attendance.

RB
That’s amazing thank you. I said to my partner I think it may be a Dunnock and he laughed at me and said no way because they are quite rare in the area so he says?

There is another one that’s always with it, maybe a parent then I guess but thank you again.

Can’t wait to see them again I hope ����

ZEISS. Discover the fascinating world of birds, and win a birding trip to Columbia
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread