• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Migration - New Naturalist (1 Viewer)

JTweedie

Has anyone read this yet? It only came out on 1 April so I guess many people may not have got round to it yet, but just wondering if anyone has any first impressions about it?

Had a brief flick through it in the Cley visitor centre over the weekend. Pricey, but at the top of the wish list.

I've not read it but have just bought a copy. First impressions are that it's going to be an interesting book by a writer who know's his stuff about migration. The layout and presentation looks good.

Dean:t:

Happy Birding

I've not read it but have just bought a copy. First impressions are that it's going to be an interesting book by a writer who know's his stuff about migration. The layout and presentation looks good.

Dean:t:

Happy Birding

Cheers Dean, I've taken a real interest in bird migration recently, particularly birds from further north, so I'll definitely order this book.

Cheers Dean, I've taken a real interest in bird migration recently, particularly birds from further north, so I'll definitely order this book.

Just received this book from Amazon (Hardback £30), and it does seem excellent on first impressions. Plenty to get my teeth into as it is an authorative and detailed look at this fascinating subject. Pricey yes, but these New Naturalist books are worth owning.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back