• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

bird of prey West Midlands (1 Viewer)

iamjulian

Hello
We just heard what sounded a bit like a Gull call, but repeated over and over in quick succession. Went outside to have a look and saw two birds very high up, one seemed to be mobbing the other. Managed to get one of them at full zoom (see attached). It looks like a bird of prey to my inexpert eye, and I presume the other bird was doing the mobbing. I could not see any colour (they were almost dots) but the photo seems to show a pale head.

Any advice on what this is would be great, thank you.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 121
I'm only on a phone right now, so don't have the tools to zoom in or brighten the pic, but the hips and tail of the bird look too broad for a Kestrel IMO.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back