• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird watching spots north east Scotland (1 Viewer)

Viper16006

Hi there fairly new on here looking for good birdwatching spots near
Aberdeenshire world love to see goshawk in wild any suggestions ?
I believe possibly strathdon area but not had any luck yet they are quite elusive
Thanks in advance
Kenny

Hi Kenny - I've moved your post to the Scotland forum and I'm sure someone will soon be along.

There's a lot of sites that are good to visit in Aberdeenshire, so it would help to know which area N/S/E or W you are interested in.

Some of the articles in our Opus section might help you. You could try exploring links on this page till someone comes in with more info for you.

Hi there fairly new on here looking for good birdwatching spots near
Aberdeenshire world love to see goshawk in wild any suggestions ?
I believe possibly strathdon area but not had any luck yet they are quite elusive
Thanks in advance
Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Great resources for birding sites in the North-East include Birding Guide to North-East Scotland: https://www.nhbs.com/title?slug=birding-guide-to-north-east-scotland-book
and the free SOC birding app: https://www.the-soc.org.uk/about-us/app

Most folks will be reluctant to give specific Goshawk sites, due to risk of disturbance/persecution, though these sources might give some general ideas.

Cheers

Nick

Not sure if this allowed, so please remove if not, but as you’ll see from the username, I offer tours in and around Aberdeenshire. Feel free to have a look at my Facebook page (Aberdeenshire bird tours) and get in touch once the current lockdown is over.

If and when we are allowed and can travel, more than happy to show you round southern Aberdeenshire and Angus, my local patch.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back