• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, UK Assistance Please (1 Viewer)

Dave Derrick

Supporter
England
A friend of mine who has taken up birding and bird photography in the past two years has an opportunity to have a few days staying a few miles outside Great Yarmouth in some time in the period February until the end of April. He has plans to visit Minsmere, Berny Marshes and other RSPB and Norfolk Wildlife Trust reserves etc.

But his question is .... when is the best time to go during the period 1st February to 30th April ? My feeling is that this area of the country will be excellent for him whenever he goes, but .... are there any particular issues that might be helpful to him in making his choice ? Any assistance will be greatfully accepted. Very many thanks, Dave.

A friend of mine who has taken up birding and bird photography in the past two years has an opportunity to have a few days staying a few miles outside Great Yarmouth in some time in the period February until the end of April. He has plans to visit Minsmere, Berny Marshes and other RSPB and Norfolk Wildlife Trust reserves etc.

But his question is .... when is the best time to go during the period 1st February to 30th April ? My feeling is that this area of the country will be excellent for him whenever he goes, but .... are there any particular issues that might be helpful to him in making his choice ? Any assistance will be greatfully accepted. Very many thanks, Dave.
There had been little cold weather on the continent so wintering birds are relatively few and far between so I would recommend that he visits towards the end of April when he is likely to benefit from spring passage & greater diversity of species as well as some breeding activity - singing, display, etc.

All the best

Paul

There had been little cold weather on the continent so wintering birds are relatively few and far between so I would recommend that he visits towards the end of April when he is likely to benefit from spring passage & greater diversity of species as well as some breeding activity - singing, display, etc.

All the best

Paul
Paul,

Very helpful; many thanks, Dave.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back