• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding in Ella (1 Viewer)

Rima99

I'd be grateful for any tips for good birding areas in and around Ella. We won't have a car so it would need to be within walking distance or a short tuk-tuk ride away. Any recommendations welcome - from a good tree to a larger area! This is my first trip so I don't have any particular target species - everything will be new to me. Thank you.

Tord

Hi,

Ella is not a birding hotspot however the area west of Ella is easily accessible by foot on narrow windy roads through cultivated/semi wooded landscape which offer opportunities for birdwatching. You will see the common species such as sunbirds, bulbuls, babblers, barbets, robins, drongos, woodpeckers as well as chances for Langur monkeys. There are many accomodations around for instance the Chamodya Home Stay on Waterfall Road, friendly place at budget rate, 10 minutes walk from Ella center.

/Tord

Users who are viewing this thread