• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Birding in the neotropics - Jan/Feb (1 Viewer)

madpitta

Hello all,

I am planning to do a longish birding trip in South or Central America in January/Feb. I prefer 21 days to a month, but of course participants may choose to do shorter depending on how planning proceeds. This is just a declaration of intent to look for others having similar interest so that we can split costs. The goal is to do a budget trip that optimizes both quality & quantity. As for my style of birding, I prefer the intensive dawn-to-dusk type. Prior experience in the neotropics is not necessary but hardcore birding ability is desired.

Currently I am planning on one of Peru, Brazil, Mexico, Costa Rica (CR will probably be 14 days so we can add another country). I have already birded in parts of the first three but never in CR. While I've already contacted a few operators, it is still very early so please feel free to suggest tour operators and your own ideas too.

Please message privately.

Thanks & regards,
Pritam.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread