• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding near Brighton? (1 Viewer)

Julie50

Mostly in the Midlands :)
Supporter
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are off to Brighton, BN2 5TS is the postcode for the campsite. We leave Brum on 25th August. I know and will visit RSPB Pagham and Medmerry - but any other advice for good birding?

Thanks

Oh nice Julie. There seems to be a small park nature reserve near where you're staying; I don't know anything about it though, but it might make a nice evening walk to explore?

There's a load of places in Sussex to enjoy and Pagham would be top of the list with the nearby Chichester Gravel Pits. Arundel WWT and the river along there can be great too, as can a wander around the grounds of the castle. Going the other way is Cuckmere Haven.

Have a look at the various Sussex articles in The Opus for more ideas until someone local pops in with more advice - it's some years since I was a regular visitor to the area.

Bit old so some information not up to date but the book Best Birdwatching Sites in Sussex by adrian thomas still have some good information, I bought a copy and helped me plan on places to visit earlier in the year.

Bit old so some information not up to date but the book Best Birdwatching Sites in Sussex by adrian thomas still have some good information, I bought a copy and helped me plan on places to visit earlier in the year.
Thanks for the recommendation - cost <£4 and is very detailed, with excellent features. I particularly like the star system, Key points and target birds. Also the time of year information.

very interested in this as we are leaving hebden bridge on saturday 27/08/2022 and heading to brighton for the tuesday to visit the boy well man now!

staying at pub car parks on the way and stonehenge booked a place just outside brighton at telescombe at stud farm campsite then heading to st margarets bay for the friday

Hi all,

We are off to Brighton, BN2 5TS is the postcode for the campsite. We leave Brum on 25th August. I know and will visit RSPB Pagham and Medmerry - but any other advice for good birding?

Thanks
Seaford Head and the adjacent Cuckmere Valley can be good for migrants, Beachy Head is a few miles further along also good for migration, a walk down the river at Southease is usually productive at this time of year, Pulborough Brooks is not that far away although was quiet yesterday. All these places can be hit and miss depending what is going through.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back