• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birding near Wroclaw, Poland (1 Viewer)

lewis20126

I'm off to see Iron Maiden in Wroclaw on 3rd July and am there for the weekend - I've got a hire car and am keen to do some birding although won't be driving huge distances. Any ideas?

cheers, alan

lewis20126

thanks Xeno, it's a long way from Wroclaw to that nice forest with the Bison and those marshes with the Aquatic Warblers!

cheers, alan

lukasz

Hi Alan,

Milicz fishponds are indeed the best choice re distance from Wroclaw. Early July you should still get Great Reed, Marsh and Savi's Warblers, Penduline Tits, plenty of Marsh Harriers, Red and Black necked Grebes, Marsh Terns.

lewis20126

Hi Alan,

Milicz fishponds are indeed the best choice re distance from Wroclaw. Early July you should still get Great Reed, Marsh and Savi's Warblers, Penduline Tits, plenty of Marsh Harriers, Red and Black necked Grebes, Marsh Terns.

Thanks for that - I'll certainly give the fishponds a go - I'd like to see Savi's Warbler and Red-necked Grebe in particular.

Are Corncrakes reliable in the area?

Regards

Alan

lewis20126

Report back

I spent one afternoon (windy) and one nice morning in the Milicz area with highlights 3-4 White-tailed Eagles, Red-necked Grebes, Marsh and Great Reed Warblers, Whiskered Terns. The highlight was this excellent River Warbler (others heard). Iron Maiden were excellent.

cheers, alan

Attachments

• river wr1 (1 of 1)-2 (2).jpg
    river wr1 (1 of 1)-2 (2).jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 118

Users who are viewing this thread