• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding round Nefyn Golf Course (1 Viewer)

Shirley Roulston

I used to play golf but the wildlife round the course proved too much of a temptation.
Away with the clubs and in with the camera.
There are footpaths all round the edge of the cliffs, where you will most likely see Stonechats, Whitethroats, Skylarks, Meadow Pipits, dozens of Linnets, the usual garden birds like Dunnocks, Blackbirds, Robins and House Sparrows.
Last time I was there I saw a Red Kite( forked tail ).
In the winter just beyond the shore line around the rocks there are flocks of ducks, on the tide line Turnstones, Oystercatchers, Cormorants, I had a photo of a Guillemot ( I cannot find it anywhere), even saw a Rock Pippit.
The road running to the club house on the right I saw many Wheatears last Spring.

Linnets, Whitethroats, Meadow Pipits, along the shore Oystercatchers, Turnstones, Cormorants, in fact many more sea birds along the coast amongst the rocks. I hear Stonechats. I would go birding there in the early mroning or evening, the course is heaving with golfers in the afternoon, can be dangerous as not all of them can hit the ball straight.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back