• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding sites around Milan (1 Viewer)

alphan

Planning on visiting a niece in Milan for a week plus or two with my wife/birding partner. No particular season of the year planned and may revolve around the part of the year they are free. We should have a week free for casual birding.

Any recommendations on where and when we should visit and what bird species expected? We are not bird list tickers, thus any free flying birds would be appreciated. Any lifers would be our bonus which should not be too difficult as we have never done any birding in Europe before.

Thanks for your time and appreciate any forms of input.

Vincent

Thanks Giorgio for the info and link. My nieces just informed that the best period for them would be June July. Having briefly went through the suggested itineraries, they all recommend the visiting period as November to May. Any chance to see some or most of the usual birds at that period? The place look very interesting to us though.

hello, June and July are very hot months, you will have the chance to see various birds of prey, anatids and passerines, in November you will have a definitely better light, if you want to use a Spotting scope, you will still see birds of prey but not harrier, you will see the harrier, distant golden eagles . it is a very beautiful and relaxing place. I wish you to spend wonderful days, good vision.

Giorgio

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back