Birding2Asia tour company? (1 Viewer)

chowchilla

Maderator.
I'm in the process of booking a tour to Taiwan with this company.

Has anyone out there been on a tour with them? Any feedback on what they're like would be great.

Larry Sweetland

Formerly 'Larry Wheatland'
Hi Chowie,

I met one of birding2asia's guides, Stijn, in the Philippines. He was a really helpful bloke, considering that I wasn't with his small group, and he was very happy to share gen (which I have a lot of respect for when it comes to bird tour guides). The times I bumped into him with his clients he was clearly keen, knowledgeable, and trying hard to get them their birds.

Not much I know, but it's something!

chowchilla

Maderator.
Hi Chowie,

I met one of birding2asia's guides, Stijn, in the Philippines. He was a really helpful bloke, considering that I wasn't with his small group, and he was very happy to share gen (which I have a lot of respect for when it comes to bird tour guides). The times I bumped into him with his clients he was clearly keen, knowledgeable, and trying hard to get them their birds.

Not much I know, but it's something!

Actually Larry that's priceless info because Stijn is meant to be leading our group! I know from reading trip reports to Taiwan that a few of the endemics are very tricky, plus with numerous recent splits the total of endemics for the island has gone from about 15 to 33! If I cleaned up on them with a knowledgeable guide plus got the BF Spoonbills and the Fairy Pitta, I'd be a very happy man.:t:

Users who are viewing this thread