• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birds flying into windows (1 Viewer)

TheAKBirding

Ernerculria
Hey all one of my regular little buddies accidentally flew into my sliding glass door :( thankfully they had reduced their speed quite a bit before actually running into it and was able to fly away after the ordeal but I watched it happen as my blinds were completely open and I felt awful, is there anything I can put on my windows to help prevent this? Did it happen because my blinds were wide open? Are there any recommendations so this doesn't happen again? Thank you!

dantheman

Bah humbug
If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will see some other threads on this topic under 'Similar Threads'

I think problems can occur for a number of reasons but basically the bird doesn't realise the glass is there - windows on both sides of a building can be a problem as can dried grass displays. Putting decals or window stickers such as a bird of prey can help a lot where it happens frequently.

Users who are viewing this thread