• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
Feel the intensity, not your equipment. Maximum image quality. Minimum weight. The new ZEISS SFL, up to 30% less weight than comparable competitors.

Birds ID's (seen on the Nicky line, Hemel Hempstead, England) (1 Viewer)

BenjiS

England
I saw these on the 10th of this month, can anyone ID?
Sorry they are so dark
I think the first one is a Song thrush and the second one is a chiffchaff

Attachments

• IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2197.JPG
    IMG_2197.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 57

Vyom B. Vyas

India
First, one seems about right for a Song Thrush, and judging by the second photo, I would favor Common Chiffchaff over Willow as I believe Willow would have more saturated yellowish body rather than the duller one seen in this.

Simon G

First, one seems about right for a Song Thrush, and judging by the second photo, I would favor Common Chiffchaff over Willow as I believe Willow would have more saturated yellowish body rather than the duller one seen in this.

A willow warbler in England in January would be extremely unusual, whereas wintering chiffchaffs are now regular in many parts of the country. For distinguishing between the two, there are numerous threads on the forum and it can get quite subtle.

Users who are viewing this thread