• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

Register for an account to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birds in Australia (1 Viewer)

RafaelMatias

Unknown member
Portugal
Some suggestions:
1: yes, Grey Teal
2: Red-rumped Parrot (note red back, shoulder patch just showing)
3: looks like Australian Raven
4: Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (and agree on Great Knots)
5: photo not uploaded (the link is the same as on pic 4)

RafaelMatias

Unknown member
Portugal
The last one is a Masked Lapwing chick, very nice. The chick of the similar Banded Lapwing does not have the yellow skin around the eye.

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
The only one with possible questionmark is the third one: I keep reading from Australians about their ravens being identifiable only by sound (at least in some situations) so are you completely sure about the id at species level?

Niels

RafaelMatias

Unknown member
Portugal
The only one with possible questionmark is the third one: I keep reading from Australians about their ravens being identifiable only by sound (at least in some situations) so are you completely sure about the id at species level?

Niels

Nope, not 100% sure on that one based on that single photo, ID based mainly on location and bill shape. I'd expect an Ozzy birder to chip in o:D (but I think the ID suggestion will hold though).

Users who are viewing this thread