• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Costa Rica (1 Viewer)

Mrbiggles1969

Hi
I'm going to North West costa rica in April, does anyone have any good books to recommend with pictures, im finding a number of books but hard to know which is best and any good places to visit in that part ?
Thanks

There is a 'Where to watch Birds in Coata Rica' book available from Amazon etc. Published in 2010 but should still be useful for pointing you at good sites.

If you are in the northwest then the Monteverde mountain areas won't be far away. And there is an excellent lodge/hotel on the coast called La Ensenada which has very birdy grounds including mangroves.

Steve

Hi All! If i may "hijack" this topic for a moment :) - my wife and I are travelling to Costa Rica in July and are currently in search of local birding/wildlife guides who would be both knowledgeable and won't charge a fortune at the same time. The places we re are currently looking at are Corcovado, Palo Verde, Monteverde, Tortuguero and Gandoca-Manzanillo national parks/wildlife refuges.

If someone could give me contact details of local guides for those places, I would be most grateful.

Thanks!

If someone could give me contact details of local guides for those places, I would be most grateful.

Any time I contemplate a return to Costa Rica I check on the availability of Patrick O'Donnell and Randall Ortega Chaves, both of whom have extensive experience in every region of the country.

Patrick is a frequent contributor to this forum: http://birdingcraft.com/wordpress/about-patrick-odonnell/

Randall is associated with Birding Field Guides: http://birdingfieldguides.com/birdingGuidesCostaRica.html

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back