• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Birds of Tanzania (115 photos) (1 Viewer)

tconzemi

Tom
Supporter
Europe
thank you very much tconzemi!

according to XenoCanto, Yellow-vented is supposed to live in Indonesia...
yes, right, I've seen the Egret on the coast of Zanzibar island
Funny enough it is still called Yellow-vented Bulbul in the Tanzania Atlas Project, agree with Birdboybowley Common Bulbul of supspecies Dark-capped Bulbul

Gduff

I'm adding 3 more birds
2 photos, and one video:

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 8

Gduff

Thanks.
A last one! Maybe European Honeybuzzard?

Attachments

• IMG_0082 (2).jpg
    IMG_0082 (2).jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0083 (2).jpg
    IMG_0083 (2).jpg
    312 KB · Views: 8

tconzemi

Tom
Supporter
Europe
I think 53 is Cinnamon-chested bee-eater instead of little bee-eater
they are almost identical BUT Cinamon-breasted is much larger and a highland forest species, so maybe Gduff will remember where he saw it and what size it was

Gduff

they are almost identical BUT Cinamon-breasted is much larger and a highland forest species, so maybe Gduff will remember where he saw it and what size it was
Unfortunately I don't remember... 9 years ago!

On the Lynx 'All birds of the world' guide, Cinnamon-breasted doesn't have the brown patch on the secondaries that Little Bee-eater seems to have. Is it an identification criteria?

If that can help, I'm certain that I've seen the bird on the top of the Ngorongoro Crater. It was at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge.

I've found out that I took 2 videos of the bird:
and

PS: I can't figure out how the notifications work on this new forum; sorry for unburying an old topic!

Users who are viewing this thread