• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Tanzania (115 photos) (1 Viewer)

Gduff

Hi,
I'm finally about to create an album of my honeymoon trip... last 2011
But before I would like to be sure of the identification of the birds.

All photos have been taken in Northern parks, in late November / early December 2011.

Can you confirm the ID's, and give me the answer when I don't know?

I've put all pictures in a Google album. You'll find the # and caption of each photo by clicking on "info".

Please tell me my mistakes :)

Thanks a lot

Cheers

1. Variable Sunbird
3. Amethist Sunbird female
4. Black-necked Weaver
6. Bateleur
15. Red-necked Spurfowl
17. Southern Ground-hornbill
26. Martial Eagle immature
27. idem
31. Rüppel's Vulture
32. Brown-crowned Tschagra
33. Isabelline Shrike
35. Red-backed Shrike
45. Vitelliner Masked Weaver
46. Wahlberg's Eagle
49. Baglafecht Weaver
50. idem
51. Yellow-vented Bulbul
61. Banded Martin
62. idem
63. Augur Buzzard
64. Black-bellied Bustard female
65. idem
68. Grey Crowned Crane
72 Whydah spec.
73. Black Kites and 1 Yellow-billed Kite
81. Steppe Eagle
82. Rüppel's (middle ) and 2 White-backed
98. Lesser Masked Weaver
99. White-backed
100. Wire-tailed
104. Tawny Eagle
115. Dimorphic Egret (where was this taken: coast or inland?)

I can't see any way to see what you think they are?

which one, almost all are straightforward?
Yes they are mostly straightforward IDs Tom, but Andy was referring to the fact there are over 100 images to scroll through so knowing which is which in order to reply could be confusing.

Andy, when you open the gallery and see all the images in tiled view, you then have to click on each individual image separately which you then will see are already helpfully numbered in the bottom left hand corner (many already are named too by the OP) - from there it’s easy to match your suggestions with the right images.

OK, yes too many images; in my browser, if you leave the arrow (next image) the name shows in the left lower corner

I did not have to click each image. Just click the first one. It should get bigger. Then you should have an arrow on the right side to move to the next photo. Guess it depends on your system. I have Windows 10.

You still have to click on each image to open the next one using the arrow - as opposed to just scrolling down the tiled gallery that’s what I meant otherwise the link just opens up in a tiled format of the whole gallery view where the numbers etc aren't visible. Other devices browsers may get a different experience of course!

I did not have to click each image. Just click the first one. It should get bigger. Then you should have an arrow on the right side to move to the next photo. Guess it depends on your system. I have Windows 10.
Can you see a bird name in the picture when you do this?

Can you see a bird name in the picture when you do this?
Yes, when I click on the first photo, it gets bigger and there is also a name and number for each bird.

I just have to click on the first & then swipe left to right to get subsequent pictures. A number & name (if given) appears for each photo after a brief pause.

Thank you all for your help ! I thought I had set the notifications on, but it seems not.
Google photos is supposed to show each caption when you click on the "i" (info).

51. Yellow-vented Bulbul
115. Dimorphic Egret (where was this taken: coast or inland?)

thank you very much tconzemi!

according to XenoCanto, Yellow-vented is supposed to live in Indonesia...
yes, right, I've seen the Egret on the coast of Zanzibar island

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back