• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Tanzania (115 photos) (1 Viewer)

thank you very much tconzemi!

according to XenoCanto, Yellow-vented is supposed to live in Indonesia...
yes, right, I've seen the Egret on the coast of Zanzibar island
Funny enough it is still called Yellow-vented Bulbul in the Tanzania Atlas Project, agree with Birdboybowley Common Bulbul of supspecies Dark-capped Bulbul

I'm adding 3 more birds
2 photos, and one video:

thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0923.jpg
    IMG_0923.jpg
    843.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0551.jpg
    IMG_0551.jpg
    449.4 KB · Views: 10
Thanks.
A last one! Maybe European Honeybuzzard?

Attachments

• IMG_0082 (2).jpg
    IMG_0082 (2).jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0083 (2).jpg
    IMG_0083 (2).jpg
    312 KB · Views: 8
they are almost identical BUT Cinamon-breasted is much larger and a highland forest species, so maybe Gduff will remember where he saw it and what size it was
Unfortunately I don't remember... 9 years ago!

On the Lynx 'All birds of the world' guide, Cinnamon-breasted doesn't have the brown patch on the secondaries that Little Bee-eater seems to have. Is it an identification criteria?

If that can help, I'm certain that I've seen the bird on the top of the Ngorongoro Crater. It was at the Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge.

I've found out that I took 2 videos of the bird:
and

PS: I can't figure out how the notifications work on this new forum; sorry for unburying an old topic!

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back