• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Warwickshire (5 Viewers)

Dosthill lake

Report from Birdguides this morning that the Long-tailed Duck and the Ferruginous Duck or Hybrid are back on Dosthill Lake, I did not see either there yesterday. They may have ventured onto the private area of Drayton Bassett pits.

Regards, John

13/12/12 Shustoke 2 Great Northern Diver and 24 Goosander Paul Hyde.
Coton Little Egret, Cetti's, Chiffchaff, Snipe, 4 Goosander over, nothing of note in the gull roost.
Morning Ron Thomas fem/imm Long-tailed Duck and later seen on the Lea Marston side by Ron.

Regards, John

Long-tailed Duck sightings yesterday

Having received a reply from Ron Thomas
Lea Marston fem/imm Long-tailed Duck 9:30 a.m viewed from Traffic light bridge then dis-appeared out of view, then Ron scanning the Coton side saw a Fem/imm Long-tailed Duck left handside towards hide.
Dosthill lake late morning Geoff Williams 10:30-11:00 a.m fem/imm Long-tailed Duck in small pocket of unfrozen water, but later dis-appeared.

Regards, John

Last edited:
21/12/12 Hams Hall sewer outflow 2 Chiffchaff.
Faraday Av by Wincanton warehouse 17 Waxwing, 2 Peregrine over.
Ladywalk 21 Goosander, Willow Tit and Chiffchaff.
Lea Marston lake fem/imm Long-tailed Duck Pete Forbes.

Regards, John

Redpoll back on my feeders at KWP, now waiting for my first siskin of the winter.

Attachments

• redpoll 018 (1024x768).jpg
    redpoll 018 (1024x768).jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 37
Chiffchaffs

In the area of Hartshill sewage works today I saw a Chiffchaff of the plumage as labellled abientinus in the New Collins guide. With new information this bird could be an abientinus (however they are deemed at present to be rare in Britain in winter) a Western Siberian Chiffchaff or a pale collibita ( subspecies that breeds in Britain), it called like Collibita and so do abientinous and Western Siberian Chiffchaff.
Eastern Siberian Chiffchaffs we know as tristis and fluvescents (which have distinct call notes and song).More details will be published on the internet shortly.

Regards, John

Kay Donaghy, Ian Whitehouse and myself had a calling "tristis" Chichaff today at Ladywalk, 100mts along track to reserve in low level cover next to the river, I managed to get a few images of the bird and have uploaded them to my new blog, follow the link below. I would welcome any comments regarding this bird.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back