• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds seen in Tasmania and Macau (1 Viewer)

mjohnson0728

Please confirm/identify these birds

Photo 1. Please identify - seen in Cotai, Macau
Photo 2. Please identify - seen in Port Arthur Historic site, Tasmania
Photo 3&4 are the same bird, is it a Brown or Tasmanian Thornbill ? - seen in City Park in Launceston, Tasmania.

I apologize for the poor quality photos.

Thank you in advance.

Michael

Attachments

• P1078353.jpeg
    P1078353.jpeg
    327.8 KB · Views: 35
  • P1076975.jpeg
    P1076975.jpeg
    323.2 KB · Views: 70
  • P1077854.jpeg
    P1077854.jpeg
    282 KB · Views: 44
  • P1077856.jpeg
    P1077856.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 39
Thank you johnallcock for the feedback..

Anyone have any feedback for photos 2, 3 and 4? I would appreciate any feedback.

Thank you,

Michael

Yellow-faced Honeyeater is not a Tasmanian species. I think this is an immature bird - either a Crescent or New Holland Honeyeater.

Yellow-faced Honeyeater is not a Tasmanian species. I think this is an immature bird - either a Crescent or New Holland Honeyeater.

I don't doubt your identification: I just looked at Wikipedia's list of Tasmanian birds since no-one was replying. I note, though, that ebird has records of yellow-faced from the NW of the island so perhaps it is there. (Never been to Tas: on the mainland I might call this juv/imm. yellow-faced but it's neither a great angle nor a great photo.)

Can't see a Little Wattlebird in #2 - yellow-green in wing? White underparts?

I'm tending to go with Steve's idea of NEw Holland HE, but wouldn't call it on this pic.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back